Thursday 13 August 2009

Rankin Live

Click the photo to go to Rankin Live


Went to Rankin Live at the Truman Brewery. Highly enjoyable. Well worth the £7 I paid (concession and WOT). Complete retrospective of his works, and also his project for Oxfam, Rankin Live.

Although being there made me feel bad and sad about myself. Why? Because I know I'm only 22, I have no discernable skill. I don't want to be a mediocre person, but I am. This is not 'Feel sorry for me and tell me I'm great' - this is a genuine issue of mine. I have no money., no job, yes I know, there's a recession on, all graduates are in the same position as me blah blah blah. Well, most graduates I know, well all actually, did not fail their degree like I. As in not even 40%. No, you can't judge your self-worth by academic merit, but that's all I was ever good at. So now I don't have anything to offer.

Sorry, I didn't mean this to be a self-deceprating post. Rankin Live is well worth going to see, even if you don't consider yourself a huge photography fan. Proceeds go to Oxfam.

Well myself and Laura attempted to be cool, Laura is always cool, I'm just weird. There was a photobooth where you could take photos and pin them on the wall. So we did. We kept 2 out of 8. But er... didn't realise when the camera was about to start snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not SPAM me, MAIL BOTS!